Wow what a start! We’d like to apologise to shareholders for the limited information apart from what has appeared on Facebook. We had hoped for a successful start to our journey but never fully expected the love shown by so many old and new faces visiting our new community pub/ hub. We’d like to give you a little update of the weeks since opening and can’t truly appreciate how fast time is flying. We are hoping to do a communication every month rounding up the key areas to keep you informed with as much information as possible. If you have any suggestions on how we can better improve our communication strategy we welcome your positive feedback.
We’d also like to thank Tracey again on behalf of us all for the great amounts of effort she has put into the community Pub/ Hub since opening and wish her all the best for the future and hope she pops in for one in the not too distant future.
So what have we achieved so far?
- Successful shareholders evening prior to opening
- Successful opening weekend, amazing to see lots of old and new faces to the community pub/ hub
- 4 Live events so far, bringing music and dancing back to the local community and visitors to our pub/ hub, with more to come.
- 3 BBQ – The last BBQ ran by the shareholders and volunteers allowing the purchase of a new freezer for the future events and for kitchen use
- Meat all supplied by our local butchers Shukers.
- Ice cream van came to site allowing us to also support local small businesses giving back to the community.
- Supporting the world cup but especially England.
- Bought new outside furniture from a local supplier within Staffordshire to allow our customers to enjoy the so far beautiful weather, with donated umbrellas from the brewery.
- PUB quiz now every Tuesday – keep up the good work quiz master.
We have received some excellent feedback from customers about our new Coffee/cake area known as “The Gavel” which is helping make everyone smile with some lovely daytime delicacies and extremely large cake portions a vital part of the Hubs future success as we invite not just those looking for a drink of alcohol. It’s great to see so many families using the facility which was a huge part of our original vision contained within our Share Offer.
We’ve employed a few more staff since opening to our team: welcome to Sam, Amber, Brogan, Colleen, Bethan, Daniel, Kerry, Kyle and Lisa. Thank you for your continued efforts and hard work without you we’d never thrive now and in the future.
We have had a few customers query our policy on “No children allowed in the bar”: We take all comments seriously and although we recognize that we cannot please everyone this is something that the Management committee may be reviewing at their first AGM.
Again thank you all for taking the time to invest, give up your free time and show faith in our community pub/ hub and look forward to seeing each and every one in our successful community project.